Friday, February 5, 2010

Become a Pole Dancing Sex Kitten!

That's right, a pole dancing sex kitten! Let the tiger out of you, unleash your inner prowess and get movin' and groovin' on the pole. I've always admired those dancers who seem to move on the pole as though they've done it their whole lives. Yet, we both know most little girls don't grow up wanting to be the best pole dancer ever. How do they do it? My guess is lots and lots of practise and loads of self confidence! A great hairday, an outfit that rocks and the perfect pair of high heels may help too, for confidence of course.

Pole dancers need to be strong, fit and able twirl on 4" heels so balance, core workouts and the endurance to sustain motion for a three song set. Whew, I'm out of breathe just saying that. I've always admired a Dancers ability to perform a dazzling routine on stage and look stunning doing it!! To this I applaud and give credit to those woman and for those men who sit in gynecology row, try not to look too creepy and don't forget to tip!

Becoming a sex kitten on the pole is a feat not easily achievable but certainly attainable if one tries. Right!? So, I'm going to give it a shot too and I will keep you posted as to my progress. I imagine it will be rather comical, potentially painful even to watch ha ha!!

If a twirling with a long piece of cool steel between your legs doesn't work for you? No problem, don't miss gettin' your groove on, there are alternatives! Such as...

Salsa, Hip-Hop, Tango, Belly Dance, Swing, Samba, Meringue, Tap, Lambada, Moshing, Techno, Square, Cha Cha, Jazz, Clogging, Step, Conga, Chicken Dance, Break Dance, Disco, Line Dancing, Grind, Hula, Jig, Macarena, Pachanga, Stomping...

Here is an example of what dance pole not to use and just not what to do in general!





Update

The search for a safe, fully useable, safe (did I say safe?) dance pole has been unsuccessful so far, not for lack of trying. My rural location is hindering my search so cold calling adult boutiques to find one in stock begins the process. However, only one business within a reasonalbe driving distance had one pole in stock and it's not the pole I want.


I've researched this particular pole already and found that it is a novelty pole. Not for swinging, twirling or putting your full body weight on. Be sure when you are buying yours that you check for this. The price was $100 so perhaps you get what you pay for. I don't need to spend that to have a shiny piece of steel to pose against hence one may need to spend more to get the right product!

Online shopping, here I come! I'll keep you posted as too what I find, perhaps with more specifics on each product, to make it easier for you.





Next Update

Alrighty, so it's taken me a few days to explore. Cold calling was ruled out after the first few calls. I found most adult novelty shops are the only places nearby that have any and they are all low quality poles. There are numerous manufacturers that offer dance poles. The most popular seem to be Peek-A-Boo, Carmen Electra, lil Mynx and X-Pole. Out of those four, I've narrowed my chosen model down to the X-Pole. I encourage you to do your own research too, make sure all the angles are covered for what is in your best interest ie; safety, quality, price etc. If you do learn something bad, please let me know!


Apparently the X-Pole offers a 50 mm chromed steel dance pole that is designed for strength, durability and portability and weighs 20kg in total, minimum height is 7'4". They say first time users will take just 10 minutes to install the pole and all the information and equipment that you need is included. Extensions are also available (not necessary for myself). The X Pole can be both static and spinning depending on your preference.


This site offers reviews on various dance poles, this site offers more reviews. The following video goes through the set up process of the X-Pole and really shows just how durable and sturdy it is.





Now, it's my turn to try...hmmm, which style of dance ought to I shoot for videa a) or video b)?! ;o)

1 comment:

  1. cool......my date with an ex dancer was........interesting....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, have an awesome day!

Search the Web