Sunday, March 28, 2010

Review - Slap Chop...You're Gonna Love my Nuts!!

...who says that!? Ahh, the Slap Chop guru guy of course. That guy who haunts our television sets with endless runs of that irritating sales pitch. And no buddy, I'm not gonna love your nuts!

This product has been sold to probably hundreds of thousands of households, mine not being one of them. It's just an item that doesn't make the cut for me. Then Christmas happened and we received the product as a gift! Hence my story begins...

The chopper made it into our house, then the cupboard and remained there until my daughter wanted to try it out. Her conclusion matched what we pretty much already knew, Blah!! My hubby however, took an interest and thought it may be useful outside of the home. Into the truck it went and then out to the fish hut in the middle of the frozen lake. Bye bye Slap Chop!...later, that same day. I get a phone call from my husband who's in a sad panic. He'd taken his wedding ring off his left hand and put it on his right hand's pinky finger(because his fingers were swollen. Then began chopping up minnows with the chopper. Well, I guess the Slap Chop got very slippery and with the force needed to actually chop it somehow managed to bounce up, over and off of his wedding ring. The force was enough to knock the ring off of his finger and it plunked right down the hole straight to the bottom of lake!!!!! Bye bye wedding ring! Wtf!!

Later that same day...when my hubby told his Mom (the lady who gave us the gift) what had happened, she immediately pulled off her wedding ring and gave it to him, without even a second thought nor him having to finish the story. To me, that was the sweetest, most selfless act which neither of us expected. Hugs, Mom! We still hate the Slap Chop though! ;)

This woman from Consumer's Report isn't too fond either...

I really wished the whole scenario didn't happen but alas, it just wasn't our day. If you want to tempt your own fate or simply try your own luck with this gadget, get your Slap Chop here! I'd shoot for the cutting board and knife set or the food processor for personal use and for gift giving purposes.  

     Cutting Board Knife Set                           Cuisinart DLC-4CHB Mini-Prep Plus 4-Cup Food Processor, Brushed Stainless Steel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, have an awesome day!

Search the Web