Sunday, August 15, 2010

Packing your Luggage for Vacation... Part 2 (Update)

A couple of months back I wrote a post regarding the Do's and Don'ts of Packing Luggage when going on your vacation. Well, it's one thing to write about it but, to actually apply what I learnt when it's my turn are apparently two totally different things.

...Pearson Airport sidewalk and my luggage!

One thing I will say is that I believe the season you are travelling in, your destination and the size of your luggage all play factors! For example; I've got two pieces that I travel with...the largest and the carry on size which isn't unreasonable, right? But, wow can you ever pack the crap into them! Especially, when you are going to a hot, summer destination and your clothes are thin and light thus taking hardly any room.

My large piece weighed in at 52kg when I brought it home and really didn't do much shopping while away. Funny thing is though, I hardly wore anything out of that suitcase! I seemed to always go for my 'go to' outfits, depending upon the time of day, and then altered in and  out my favourite sandals as necessary. All in all, I wore 3 sun dresses, my bathing suit, a pair of camo pants, a few white and black t-shirts, one pair of jeans, pj's and undergarments. If I didn't have a make-up bag, hair dryer and a shoe fetish, I could have crammed it all into my carry on!!

...so, will I keep this in mind on my next getaway? Probably but, would I dare pack so lightly in the future?...I doubt it ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, have an awesome day!

Search the Web