Friday, August 20, 2010

Myers Briggs Type Indicator test - ...so, I'm an INFJ now what?

When I'm in the mood for self discovery I find myself flitting about the internet taking aptitude and personality tests. Sometimes you chase links around in circles or do quizzes just to find it costs money or at least information to get the results. But, not today and not here ;)


Earlier this afternoon I spent some time Googling aptitude tests and came across a Myers-Briggs Type Indicator test (a personality test). The best kind of test actually, because there are no right or wrong answers! Simply take the test (it's only 72 questions long, has no time limit, is free and informative ;) and this site will give you the results right away without asking anything of you.

There are 16 different personality types and my type is apparently, an... INFJ which means Introverted Intuitive Feeling Judging.

When I read about INFJer's, I read some more and then dove into reading, the results were me to a T! They've also said that by being an INFJ I'm making up just 1-3% of the world's population making it the rarest of personality types. I'm not sure if that's good or bad at this point but, it does clarify a lot of things I've often wondered about myself, lol. 'They' compare INFJ's to the rare qualities of a Dolphin, hence the pic which is funny because I don't eat much seafood ;)

Take the test here > HumanMetrics - Jung Typology Test  

Once you've taken the test, leave a comment and let me (and everyone else) know what type you are?

p.s. I'm not sure this test is the real test and I won't pay to take or get 'better' results so, it's taken in fun (much like horoscopes ;) yet, it did seem pretty much right on the money! So, now what? Well, I'll keep you posted on that one (...to be continued).

Had to include this... Save the Dolphins in Japan This site is a petition site set up with a letter addressed to I guess whomever they can get to listen. It has over 200,000 signatures on it but could always use one more... hint, hint, wink wink

Lipstick shape & Personality...another fun girly quiz!

1 comment:

  1. The HumanMetrics test is not the same thing as taking the actual Myers-Briggs MBTI. The MBTI is a very well-tested and valid instrument. It is fun to take the free versions to give yourself an idea of what your type is but if you want accurate results, you would need to pay to take the MBTI. I often write about personality tests on my site. I am an ESTJ and that is based upon the MBTI. It is very important for people to understand personality types in order to get along with their co-workers, do well in job interviews, understand their spouses, the list goes on and on.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, have an awesome day!

Search the Web