Sunday, April 11, 2010

Do you see via Lasik, contacts, goggles or squinting?

Due to my recent 'eye poke' story I've had to endure wearing my goggles all week! Not the sexiest term but when I see myself in the mirror me in goggle just ain't sexy! I don't care how many eye glass commercials suggest spec's are sleek, stylish, trendy and hip but on me, they're just plain ugly.

Turn back the clock to when I was in grade 4...I thought it was cool to squint but even cooler to wear glasses, my whole family wore them. So when it was my turn I spent time deliberating and finally chose a 'pretty' rainbow polka dot pattern (remember it was the 70's ;). I loved them so much that they were on my face asap!

My excitement carried over through the weekend, until I went to school. Within seconds of putting on my new spec's I was labelled a four eyed freak and laughed at! After 2 days of verbal torture, my goggles never came out of my school bag again. My confidence was crushed and it wasn't until grade 9 that I'd give it another go. My next pair being styled after Lynda Carter / Angela Bower. They were the biggest saucers you'd ever seen, covered half my face and I loved them too! End result was the same thing only worse 'cause I was a teenager :(

...some twenty odd years later (and only one pair of glasses), my dream of contact lenses was realized and I could actually see, with confidence, for the first time since grade 4! 

Flash forward another ten and I foresee Lasik eye surgery...

What I'm wondering is if you are either in denial and do nothing or are you are a goggles girl, a Lasik chic or contact lens baby!!?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, have an awesome day!

Search the Web