Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Protect those Pretty Peepers while working in the Garden!

The weather has been simply beautiful with sunny, clear blue skies which beckons me outdoors without a thought. Quite often my day begins by sitting on the front step watching over the garden, our neighbourhood and scoping out what tasks need to be done. After the winter the list is endless but the other day a specific task nagged which prompted me to get up and get the clippers.

Once in hand, I proceed to the tree that needs to be removed. It's just a little one, only a finger thick but too rooted to simply pull out. As I bend down to grab the tree trunk with my left hand this f'en branch from a prickly pine tree jumped right into my eyeball!! Ouch!

Actually, it was more like blonde me gapped out and walked right into the prickly branch!

It jammed right into my left eye and immediately I was sitting on the ground. Once clear on what just happened off into the bathroom I went, washed my hands then pryed my watery eye open. A red bloodshot eye stared back with a contact lens jammed in the corner. All I could think of was at least I could see that old ugly red eye staring back!

End result: my contact lens protected my eye from being stabbed with the pine needle. It was scratched ever so slightly. The pine branch must have hit the lens then slid back up into my eye or something.

Note: wear sunglasses or protective eyewear when working outside.

Note to self: this isn't the first time you've been poked in the eye blondie! Pay attention to trees that have a tendency to just leap out ;)

To my contact lens, may you rest in peace. The hole that shoots right through your center, saved my eye. Hug, ty!... That could easily have been my eyeball and actual lens.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, have an awesome day!

Search the Web