Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Out diggin' in the garden... and making progress, slowly ;)

I spent yesterday afternoon poking around the gardens and managed to accomplish a few more overdue tasks leftover from last fall. As I made progress with the weeds, digging up and splitting plants came along in tow.

Last summer, a new sewer system was installed on our property which inevitably tore up the entire left side of our yard. In an effort to save money we ordered some top soil, bought grass seed and proceeded to care for the dirt and weeds that thrived! Now, months and oodles of seed later, I finally noticed tiny, green hairs coming up from the dirt. Yaaa!

With three attempts at seeding over the past 8 months, I wonder which batch of seeds took? Are they from the first batch laid out late last summer or the one's I just scattered a couple of weeks ago?

...quilty of not following my own advice and went out to work without glasses, again but luckily I'm unscathed unlike last time! It's really just a hard habit to form, I've never been accustomed to wearing sunglasses, ever. Not even to just be cool ;) ...maybe I need to incorporate them as one of my essential garden tools?

Rhubarb and Lupines are up and looking fantastic and my Bleeding Hearts are already flowering! Transplanted Lupines, Chics n' Hens, Iris' and some pink flowered ground cover (name?)...to be continued.

Thanks for the visit, please feel free to comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, have an awesome day!

Search the Web