Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Barrier cream helps to protect Fingernails while in the Garden!

As an avid gardener my fingernails take a pretty good beating, even with gloves. But as of late I've made a point of jamming a barrier cream underneathe my nails and then putting my gloves on. Why? Well, I've been doing this in an attempt to prevent dirt from lodging underneathe my fingernails and to keep the dirt from staining the underside of the nails. So, even though dirt still gets underneathe my nails the clean up process is much, much faster which is why I thought I'd recommend it.

My two favorite's are Penaten Cream which is readily available and Glycosolid by Mark Cullen which I think is available at home hardware and/or garden stores. Both of these barrier creams aide in keeping irritants from penetrating the skin. My habit has been to load up the ends of my fingers then work it around to completly fill the underside of each fingernail. Don't be cheap with it, cram it under there then give your hands a quick once over put your gloves on and get back to work already, those weeds aren't pulling themselves out.

Clean up with a warm soapy water and voila beautiful nails! Unless you had man clubs to begin with it's a cream not a miracle ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, have an awesome day!

Search the Web