Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Have you hugged your pet today? or your spouse?

I'm one of those girls who grew up believing that both live and stuffed animals had feelings. This transferred to a few dozen hamsters, gerbils, a dog, then the next dog, the cat, turtles, a snake, another cat, more dogs etc. And yes, I still believe animals have feelings just not the stuffed ones, is that weird?

...'cause most males species including my hubby seem to think so and I think it's weird they don't! Hence, they're 'alpha' male hunter gatherers and I'm a tree hugger? I don't know but, good thing there's a balance out there in the world.

Back to the spouse thing...one tidbit I do notice with my guy is that over our 12 year 'marriage' I think he gets a teenie weenie bit jealous of all the love and affection I dole out to anything covered in fur!  

Have you hugged your spouse today? I have and will again when he gets home but I'll also say that yes, I'm guilty of lavishing more, consistent attention on my pets... my bad!

So, I'll try to make a more conscious effort to spread the love and give him a pat on the head too ;)

This is my current pet poochie Hunter, when he was a pup and now as a 4 yr. old, isn't he handsome how could you resist that face!? If we lived in LA he'd be approached with a modelling contract for sure! I do have his Momma too, her name is Rokz and a little black cat called Spooky but, I'll brag them up another day.


Cheers and thanks for poppin' in!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, have an awesome day!

Search the Web