Wednesday, May 12, 2010

My excursion to a Tea party for 100 kids and their parents...

Today I was invited to a poetry recital / tea party by my Mother In Law on behalf of my two nieces and nephew. Not exactly how I'd normally spend my day but it was a nice switch up from my usual routine. The elementary school gym was decorated like a tea house with plastic table clothes, tissue paper flowers and artwork served up with a delightful spread of cookies and tea.

The entertainment was quite comical as kids (K-Gr2) got on stage and attempted to recite poetry and sing for a large audience from memory. Most boys had their hands crammed into their pockets as they shuffled around nervously while the girls huddled together, held hands and giggled. The poetry was either spewed out as if they needed to flee or mumbled between deep breathes and sighs. Funny enough you could tell which kids seemed to shine under the limelight and which ones seemed to wish the flooring would eat them up...too cute!

Both my twin nieces and nephew were adorable ;) It was wholesome fun, not quite the Russian Tea Room but their performances certainly had me smiling!

Watch as the poor kid in this video experiences his shining moment...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, have an awesome day!

Search the Web