Sunday, May 16, 2010

...omg!! Something happened to our Hamster :( RIP Bear!

Our family was in a mini state of shock yesterday afternoon when our beloved pet, a Teddy Bear Hamster named Bear, took sick in a manner I'd never seen before! Little Bear has been in our family since Christmas of 2007 and had been living like a king ever since, until this weekend :(  when Bear didn't come running. He barely even budged which was definitely not like our super friendly Bear! When cleaning his cage and it was time for him to scram temporarily he still had hardly moved and that's when I was called in.

I too called Bear's name and nothing so I picked him up. He was very sweaty and obviously passive but as he squirmed around in the cup of my hands I could see traces of blood being left behind on my hands. There were no visible wounds so I turned him over and omg!!...Bear's intestines had come right out of his tiny little body via his woohoo hence all of the blood! How? or Why? I just don't know?

It was one of  the most awful, terrible, sad things I've had to deal with and honestly I just didn't even know what to do. Our poor little hamster was in pain, both of the children were watching wholeheartedly and wow!... it was just really a shitty scenario.

Thoughts raced like do I go to the vet, flush it, give it a boink on the noggin' or wait the short countdown knowing that my hubby was going to be home in literally like 3 minutes'ish'............tic toc tic toc!

What would you have done? I certainly didn't want this sweet critter to suffer anymore than he clearly was but I ended up waiting for my husband. He was back in under 3 minutes and after looking Bear over determined in ten seconds that it was best if he just 'looked after it'.

 :( ...in the end, we all left the room and he went outside with Bear. I don't know anything beyond that point nor do I care too.

I tell ya, I was balling my friggin' eyes out and so was our daughter! I just couldn't hold it in so we shared a moment and a hug then said our goodbye's.

...bye bye Bear, we love you! RIP

(the picture is of 'a' Teddy Bear Hamster not our Bear. The few pics I do have are too blurry to upload online)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, have an awesome day!

Search the Web