Friday, May 7, 2010

What's up for Mother's Day? ...its this Sunday!

Mother's Day is on Sunday... Have you made any plans to bestow love on your Momma?!

As a youngster I'd gift my Mom with pasta picture frames, misspelled cards and odd blobs of dough art each tackier than the last. And each year, her eyes would tear and the biggest smile would light up her face as though my cheesy gifts glittered in gold.  

But now, I live thousands of miles away from my Mom so catching even just a glimpse of her smile won't be happening this Sunday. Thankfully, my Dad does a fine job looking after her for me and my brother is close by.

For spouses of spouses, I realize that your wife is not your Mother but if she's a Mother in any way, shape or form most likely she wants and needs to hear Happy Mother's Day from you! Sorry, but that's just the way it is ;)

Here are just a few simple and affordable ideas your Mom (or spouse) will love!

- a few kind words and a hug!
- a card and some fresh flowers
- breakfast in bed
- a picnic
- dinner out
- a finished Honey-do list
- guilt free relaxation
- or anything she wants ;)

For all of the Step Mom's out there who are Mothers to anothers and the single Dad's who play both roles...hugs all around!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, have an awesome day!

Search the Web