Friday, May 28, 2010

Trying a new Clearasil Product on my Face ...ouch & ewww, just temporary right?!?

Since turning 35 my skin has transformed and I'm not impressed. I get more acne now than I ever did as a teenager and my life's stories are beginning to leave a roadmap on my face! My usual stressors are nothing severe compared to others, my diet hasn't really changed nor has my enviroment so I'm attributing it to aging? 

In an effort to kick the zits I'm trying Clearasil's Daily Pore Cleansing Pads with Salicyclic Acid which is way different than the St. Ives Apricot Scrub I have been using forever'ish'.

The cleaning pads are easy to use and certainly remove dirt but the drying effect after using them twice a day has my sensitive skin freaking out!! The first couple of days were okay but by the fourth day (yesterday) my face was ruddy and red except where my skin is peeling off, that stuff's white! My pores seem smaller but by noon it doesn't matter because my face has a sheen on it like an oil slick which seems to be causing more acne not stopping it?!!

...I'm toning down the cleansing ritual a notch by rinsing off the product (unlike what the instructions say) and won't 'scrub' so hard?...keep 'ya posted with my fingers crossed ;) 

Have you tried this product? Did you have a similar experience or worse? Please feel free to comment and thanks for visiting! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, have an awesome day!

Search the Web